How to port existing numbers to jio?
The leading telecommunication service provider is the favourite of many. Despite giving the least amount of advertisements, jio has maximum customers. The user base has been rising far and wide. Porting your existing mobile number to jio network can help in receiving better network coverage at lower prices.
The entire Telecom industry was taken aback when Reliance launched the jio telecom service. It offered unlimited internet and calling all for free. Eventually the prices were kept so low that on an average they fell around 200 rupees per month. The unlimited scheme from jio compelled other Telecom operators to follow suit. This eventually resulted in lowered telecom prices all over India.
Ever since jio/ jiofi has launched, it is receiving a strong user base and appreciation. It had a whooping 9.7 GB of average data consumption per person and 716 minute voice call. The video consumption was over 240 crores hours which was slightly difficult to believe.
Jio applications continued to remain Highly popular. The tariff plan gave a huge sigh of relief to the customers as they could avail maximum discount at minimal prices.
- SMS port ( your existing mobile number) and send it to 1900
- You will immediately receive sms that will comprise of UPC code along with the expiry date.
- Move to the nearest jio Store with the unique porting code received.
- Do not forget to carry the original documents such as aadhar card or PAN card. These documents will be helpful in registering the jio phone number under your name.
Make sure that you have no use remaining from your current operator as it will end up creating issues.
- According to the governmental regulations, it will take at least three days for the successful validation and activation after the number is activated.
- It takes around 15 days to process the port request from Assam, North East and Jammu and Kashmir. The services will continue to exist and would not get interrupted during the intervening period.
- Make sure that you download the jio app bundle in your handset in order to generate an offer code. You need to walk on to the jio store in order to get your number ported. Alternatively, you can also visit the nearby recharge shop and get the KYC verification done to fulfill the jio port task. Always provide the jio port code number to the person assisting you.
How much money am I required to pay for porting my sim to jio?
Porting your phone number to jio is absolutely free of cost. Somehow, the person responsible for porting your number might charge a small amount of money such as 50 rupees for doing the needful. You will be expected to recharge the jio number then and there and the first recharge cannot be done by the customer himself.
It will take around 24 – 48 hours for your sim to activate. You will also be given a helpline number where you can contact the customer care executive and find out when the SIM will get active.
Things to be remembered while porting to jio-
- Get in touch with the shopkeeper who is ready to Port your sim card to jio network.
- Send SMS to 1900
- Save the porting code
- Take your phone number to the concerned shopkeeper and he will give you the ported number sim of jio
- It will take around 5 – 7 days for the jio network to get activated.
- You will receive zero signals in your mobile phone the moment your jio sim is activated. It is then when you need to insert the given sim in your mobile phone slot.
- You might not receive any signal from jio for a couple of hours.
- Eventually the signal will activate and you will be able to enjoy jio Sim service from then onwards
- You can get in touch with the customer care number given by the shopkeeper to know when will the network arrive in the new jio SIM.
- Receive offers and benefits from jio while enjoying its service.
Jio has been providing world class services to the customers all over India. It all began with 4G network and jio Wi-Fi devices. People who were devoid of 4G smartphones could still avail the benefits of 4 G network with the help of a portable router in the form of jio Wi-Fi device.
Every festive season comes with more offers and benefits from Reliance jio. Exceptionally, there are benefits for the customers because more than securing profits, Reliance believes in serving humanity. You can enjoy a number of entertainment applications and fastest 4G connection. with the widest coverage and unlimited data, you would never feel like shifting to any other network after this full. Jio 4G is definitely going to be your one end destination for high speed internet and 4G phone calls.